contemporary cornice is a decorative element that has become hard. Also, it is very easy to install; you just need a little technique, a minute hand and some patience. Of course, you need not to forget another important issue, the geometric regularity of walls and ceilings.
For proper placement, the first thing to do is check the horizontality and verticality of the ceiling and walls. You can help a significant level. You need a plaster support, either in the form of plaster, plates or frames, which is necessary to eliminate any kind of coating, such as paint or wallpaper.
As you can guess, the aesthetic interest of the cornices lies in the continuity of the motives or ornaments they wear, so you should make a provisional basis, the installation of a line of support slots in two perpendicular walls at once.
What do you need?
• A level.
• Nails, a hammer, a knife and a saw.
• Wooden slats and glue.
Some manufacturers offer complete ranges of decorative elements: cornices, angular shells and other ornaments, modern or classic. It is also easy to find this material in DIY shops which also have ranges of polyurethane foam mouldings (imitation). It is very difficult to place a crown on the roof of your living room. By following these steps, your job can be easy:
• Mark on each wall supports line cornice as well as a corresponding measure on the ceiling.
• Check with a level that the slope of the walls is instructed.
• Rivets wooden stands around the perimeter of the piece. It will support modules ledge.
• Check the layout of the support line on the ceiling (using the part, of course). As the gap between the look does not match the reasons, it is necessary to cut them previously.
• Draw the cutting line on the workpiece using a pencil and ruler.
• Note that for cutting 45 ° corners great delicacy and precision is required; otherwise, the fibrous structure will collapse plaster.
• Cut the piece with a wood saw with fine teeth also use a special guide for miter.
• The glue for sticking plaster designs can be used for about an hour. The hardening is achieved after an hour and a half. To apply, you use a knife or spatula.
• Now comes the time of placement. This work is done in two phases. First, each item is placed on the wall bracket and then straightens the ceiling.
• You need to press it hard to the entire length, both against the walls to the ceiling.
• If there is a considerable gap between two angle pieces (corners), fills the space cleared soaked in glue or plaster moulding. Of course, do it when the queue is already set.
• The board should be plugged flush. Adjusts best excess glue.
• The juxtaposition of the upright elements requires a thin bead of adhesive between them. Parts must be pressed in order to form a light flash, which then will have to remove.
• The band must apply a queue of deep shot. When you have begun to set, it proceeds to clean the excess burrs between the angles and items.
• Review the imperfections using glue.
• Finally, pass a wet brush.
CorniceDesigns is a top rated manufactures and designs of ornamental plaster mouldings, corbels, ceiling roses, cornice, and columns for trade and DIY in UK. For more details visit cornicedesigns.co.uk or call 01709 431446